Monday 29th June

Good Morning,

Two things to share with you this morning. The first is to congratulate everyone that took part in the Virtual Sports week. It was so much fun! Unfortunately, everyone did so well that it resulted in me and three other teachers getting soaked. Please enjoy the videos below showing all the fun we had as a school. What a brilliant school family we are part of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw9lp3CskQo&t=31s

The second thing to share with you is about looking forward to September. This year we cannot visit our new class teacher and classroom, so to help with transitions watch this video and read the ‘Introduction’ below. You already know your new Year 1 teacher very well.

Gosh I am going to miss you!

xxx

Transition to September letter 26.06.20

Year 1 teacher: Miss Jenkins

Hello! I am Miss Jenkins and I will be teaching Year One again in September and I am so excited!

In September, it will be my fifth year in teaching. I have taught Nursery, Reception and now Year One. I LOVE food and cooking! I have also started yoga which is very relaxing. I love a challenge and have swam with sharks, been sky diving and scuba diving.

I am so excited to teach you all again; I loved teaching you at the beginning of Reception. I am really looking forward to seeing how grown up you are now (you all look very tall!). Some of you are already learning in our Year 1 classroom which is brilliant as you will already know where to go. Year One is such a lovely year to be in! You still get to learn through play but you also get to learn at a grown up desk too!

I love outdoor learning so we will spend lots of time at Forest School. We have also started doing up our outdoor area so that we can use it lots in September. You will have more responsibility too so will have special jobs like taking the register and getting the milk!

Stay safe and I will see you all in September.

Miss Jenkins

So let’s get down to the business of today….Have a fun day of learning!

Remember to send me pictures and notes on Tapestry. Mrs Butler and I love to see your smiley faces learning at home.

Start of the day –

What is the month of the year? Sing our month of the year song. Do jazz hands for this month.

What day was it yesterday? What day of the week is it today? What day will it be tomorrow? Sing our days of the week song. Do jazz hands for today.

What is the weather today?

It was the 28th yesterday. I wonder if you know what the date it is today. How do you know?

Maths –

Youtube video – count and move song– count to 20 and march. Use a number line to help if you need to.

Pretend to be a rocket and count down from 10. Challenge – Can you count backwards from 20?

Money – Look at coins 1p, 2p, 5p and 10p. What colour is each coin. What shape is the coin? What numbers and writing can you see on the coin?

Reveal the coin pp. Say the coin. Reveal the amount. Can you recognise the coins? Be a reflective learning and decide which coins you need to spend more time learning.

T-T-2544974-Coin-Reveal-PowerPoint_ver_7

If you have a printer, use the coin background sheet below for the next activity. Put a coin under the paper and use the side of a crayon on top of the paper. Where the crayon touches the coin underneath, it leaves a mark and makes a rubbing. What coins are you rubbing? Can you add the coin amounts together? How much is in your purse?

purse outline

Phonics –

Youtube – Tricky words song phase 3. Don’t forget to do the actions too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4u0TjAZ38

YouTube – tricky word song phase 4 – actions on first video.

Revise with the consonant blend song.

Look at blend bl. Two letters that make two sounds but that blend together. They are friends. You can see the blend in words like in Black, blast, block, blow. Sound out the words, write and add sound buttons.

Can you think of any other words with the ‘bl’ blend? Write the words down.

Play with all the members in the household. The children ask ‘What’s the sound Mr Wolf? ‘The children are shown a word. The children sound out the word and move 1 step per sound e.g black – b – l – a – ck. The children move 4 places. The first child to get the teacher (wolf) without being caught is the winner. Repeat the game with various CVCC and CVCCC words with the bl blend.

English/ Communication and Language –

Read the story or watch the video – The Train Ride – June Crebbin and Stephen Lambert.

https://youtu.be/wOzEh-gmjuk

Encourage the children to join in with the repeated phrases. The children can join in on the writing on green background. Can they hear any rhyming words? Look at the pictures – why are the sheep running off? What things can be seen out of the window? What other transport can you see in the pictures? How do you think the girl feels on the journey? How do you think she feels when she sees her Grandma? How do you feel when you see family that you haven’t seen in a while?

Put out a big piece of paper with a train track drawn on it. Can the children add the things the girl in the story sees out the window? Can they draw them around the track in the order they appear in the story?