Home Learning wc 11th January 2021

The start of a new week! I wonder what this week will bring…

Please pick and choose from the activities in the chart below. These are to be done through out the week. The image is not always clear, so I have added the link to open the document too.

Daily Maths and Phonics will be shared on Tapestry. I will also look forward to seeing you every morning at 9:10 for our daily ‘Communication and Language’ live sessions on Zoom. I will be in touch regarding some ‘Keep up not catch up’ live sessions in the afternoon, and a daily ‘Storytime’ to end the day.

It is really valuable to see and offer feedback on all the fantastic learning the children are doing at home, so please aim to send me at least one evidence of learning a day. To do this, you just add an ‘observation’ on Tapestry and fill in the areas. There is the option to upload pictures too.

On Friday, I noticed a lot of you were quiet on Tapestry. I assume because you were (rightly so) out in the snow. I was in school teaching, and as soon as it snowed we got our warm clothes on and ventured into the snowy winter wonderland outside. At Meadowside, we value the children’s curiosity and interests. This is because this is when they learn the most. The children I had in my care had a fab time playing and learning. Here is the list of things they learnt from our curriculum…

Personal, Social and Emotional Development

Self Confidence & Self Awareness

• Can describe self in positive terms and talk about abilities.

Physical Development

Moving and Handling

• Shows increasing control over an object in pushing, patting, throwing, catching or kicking it.

Understanding the world

The world

• Looks closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change.

Expressive Arts and Design

Exploring and using media and materials

• Selects tools and techniques needed to shape, assemble and join materials they are using.
  • Selects appropriate resources and adapts work where necessary.
  • Manipulates materials to achieve a planned effect.
  • Constructs with a purpose in mind, using a variety of resources.
  • Understands that different media can be combined to create new effects.
  • Uses simple tools and techniques competently and appropriately.

Being imaginative

Create simple representations of events, people and objects.

As you can see…lots of learning!!!

I wanted to share this with you, because I don’t want you to think that 1) children are only learning when they are following the tasks I set, and 2) I only want to see evidence for the tasks I set. You have my full support in going with your child’s interests. Please show me your snowmen pictures, and the fun that was had. It shows me so much about your learning, and puts a smile on my face!

I will aim to call you all at least fortnightly, however, if you need anything then please email me at m.taylor@meadowsideacademy.org. I will respond as soon as possible but please be conscious that I am also teaching the key worker children in school.

Thank you so much for all your support. You are doing a fantastic job. The children all seem happy and engaged and that’s all we can ask for.

Kind Regards,

Mrs Taylor and Mrs Butler

Image result for numberblock 6

Image result for jolly phonics w    Image result for jolly phonics x

See the source image

This week, we are learning about the Number 6, the sound ‘w’ and ‘x’ and we are following the traditional story; ‘The Magic Porridge Pot’. I have chosen this story, because I know how much you all loved ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’, and this is another story about Porridge. I have also chosen it because the children in school showed an interest in the story when they found it in the reading corner. I thought the children at home may like to make Porridge too.

blog wc 11th jan 2021